I have received good feedback from Reddit r/gameDesign and I have made an update on my tutorial.
Things that I changed:
- I ditched that talking guy with his wall of text.
- Removed long animated intro.
- The Player has control from the beginning.
- Added highlight which buttons to press with simple explanations.
- I made it more clear which frame is selected by darkening not selected frames.
- Added congratulations, when the tutorial is finished with 3 stars drop, which doesn’t actually mean anything. (I think this part is a little bit stupid, but I need somehow inform the player, that tutorial is finished)
- Added a few tutorial elements to the first level.
Do you see how it can be improved more? Maybe change the wording or pacing? Is it clear to you?
I’ll try to release this version and after some time I will post statistics to check if it is any better than the previous